Local, homemade, regional
... prepared individually, served fresh
Almstube ranks among the most popular ski huts of Turracher Höhe, being the winner of the first ski hut contest in 2010. Especially loved for it its unbeatable slopeside location at the Kornock piste, our lodge also wins guests over with its premium-quality culinary offer and a dedicated kitchen and service staff.
Because it matters to us
Regionality, sustainability and organic-oriented agriculture
… are of great importance to us. We also appreciate our trusted partners and suppliers, as shown by our use of the finest locally sourced ingredients for more than twenty years now:
- 100 % beef from local farmers in the Nockberge mountains
- 100 % Austrain pork
- 100 % ice-cream from the nearby Huber family in Saureggen, Carinthia’s highest located dairy farm.
- 100 % fresh organic eggs from the Obereder family in Gnesau
- 100 % Kärntnermilch milk
- 100 % bread and pastry from Troadkunst in Tamsweg or the Schrunerhof farm in Ebene Reichenau
- 100 % organic butter milk from the Neuwirth farm in Gnesau
- 100 % beans from the Amann family in Vorarlberg for a perfect coffee experience
- 100 % apple juice from the Leßl family in Styria
- 100 % of the apples we use for our apple sauces, strudels and cakes grow in our mother’s garden in Moosburg, Carinthia
- 100 % Carpathian crystal salt from the Tschadamer farm in Liebenfels/Carinthia
More than a ski lodge
Culinary indulgence at 1,875 m above sea level
Transformed into a refined mountain restaurant in the evening, the Almstube lodge offers an ambience of contentment and warm rural hospitality, allowing hotel guests to enjoy their dinner in every respect. Also à la carte visitors who appreciate delicious food can be picked up by innkeeper Peter personally and brought to Almstube by snowmobile.